|Italian bread||1 loaf|
|Butter||1/4 cup, melted|
|Olive oil||1/4 cup + 1 tsp|
|Minced onions||2 tbsp|
|Garlic||2 fat cloves, minced|
|Salt, pepper||to taste|
|Chilli flakes/Italian seasoning||1 tsp each or to taste|
|Bell pepper||4 tbsp chopped|
|Marinara /Pizza sauce||1/4 cup|
|Grated cheese||1 1/4 cup (I used Colby jack)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil add in the garlic and saute for a minute. Next add in the onion and cook for a minute or two. Add mushroom and bell pepper with little salt and pepper, chilli flakes, add in the marinara, mix, simmer for a min. The mixture should be semi dry and not watery. Set aside.
3. Mix the melted butter, olive oil in a bowl.
4. Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
5. Pour the butter-oil mixture carefully into those X cuts using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill the cracks with veggies, then cheese (painful but so worth it :).
6. Wrap the entire loaf with aluminum foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15 - 17 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 7-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. Serve with some marinara as a dip. ENJOY!Inspired from here