|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Onion||1 small, diced|
|Garlic||2 cloves, minced|
|Frozen spinach||10 oz, thawed, chopped|
|Milk||1/2 cup (I use 2%)|
|Low fat cream cheese||6 oz|
|Hot sauce||1 tsp|
|Shredded mozzarella||3/4 cup|
|Grated parmesan||2 tbsp|
|Salt and ground pepper|
|For Garlic Toast|
|French bread||Half a loaf|
|Garlic||4-6 cloves minced|
|Green chilli||1 minced|
|Dried oregano||a pinch|
|Garlic powder||as needed|
|Butter/Olive oil||2-3 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a medium pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, cook till 5 min. Set aside.
2. In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, hot sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella and the Parmesan. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
3. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot with garlic toasts or crackers, as desired. ENJOY!
For the bread-
1. In a pan on medium heat take some butter/olive oil. Once the butter is melted, add in minced garlic and chopped green chilli. Mix.
2. Add salt to taste and dried oregano.
3. Once the garlic is cooked and has light color, take it off the flame. Be careful not to burn it.
4. Slice your bread to desired thickness and brush generously with the garlic oil mixture on it on one side. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Broil on high in the oven until golden and crispy, a minute or two. Keep an eye.
6. Serve hot with the warm dip. ENJOY!
Dip recipe adopted from here