In retrospect, here's what I think went through my head - I feel like baking muffins, I am not a big fan of sweet ones so they have to be savory, any old flavoring? Been there, done that - how about infuse pizza flavors in a savory muffin - get up from the chair.
Yes they turned out great. Ideal for a late afternoon snack. Just dip in some marinara on the side and off you go.
Ingredients: make 10-12
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|Italian/pizza seasoning||1 1/2 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or to taste|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp or to taste|
|Milk||3/4 cup (cold)|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Pizza sauce/ Marinara||1/4 cup|
|Shredded mozzarella||1 cup|
|Grated parmesan||3-4 tbsp|
|Mixed chopped bell pepper, onion|
mushroom and spinach
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Saute the chopped vegetables for 5 minutes or till cooked in 2 tsp of oil. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, Italian seasoning, salt and red chilli flakes. Add in milk oil and beaten egg, whisk for a minute. Stir in the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and then the sauteed veggies. Stir to combine everything and pour in greased muffin pan lined with paper cup.
4. Bake for 18-22 minutes, cool for 10-15 minutes and serve with marinara sauce.
5. Store the leftover in a ziploc at room temperature for 1-2 days and can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. ENJOY!
1. Feel free to add your favorite protein like cooked chicken pieces or meat.