ot sure if its the summer doing it or its just me but lately I have been enjoying making different kinds of lemonades and summer coolers. Takes few ingredients, minimum effort and the result is a tasty drink that everyone enjoys and you get to additionally enjoy the compliments as they come back from school or work and feel the need to cool down. This is one such in the series that I made lately. With the fabulous taste and sweetness from the ripe mangoes and the fresh citrusy lime flavor, it has a feel of a sophisticated mocktail with a tropical twist. Something you would want to sit sipping on the beach on a hot summer afternoon (yes you can put an umbrella in your glass :) A refreshing taste that you will remember and will want to come back often to.
|Mango pulp/puree||11/2 cup|
|For the syrup -|
|Splenda||15 - 18 pouches or 3/4-1 cup sugar|
|Lime/ Lemon Juice||3/4 cup|
|Sparkling water||3-4 cups or as needed chilled|
|Mint leaves||for garnish|
1. For making the syrup, in a saucepan combine splenda and water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and for 3-4 minutes. Cool.2. In a pitcher mix lime juice, mango puree, syrup and sparkling water together. Stir well.
3. Pour over ice filled glasses and garnish with lemon wedges/mint. ENJOY!
1. I love using sparkling water but you can substitute it with chilled regular water.
2. If you are in the mood, feel free to add some vodka, wine or rum.
3. Adjust amount of sugar on how sweet your mango pulp is. Feel free to substitute with fresh good quality ripe mangoes.