rownies are not disliked by very many. People may pass on a cookie when offered one but you will definitely see them stop and give it a thought if you offered them a brownie. They may not take it sometimes for whatever their reason but I can promise you they definitely wanted to. So how do you one-up a brownie - simple - add Nutella to it. As soon as I saw this recipe there was no stopping me, especially unless you noticed already, it is really simple and straight-forward - heck even the title said there were only four ingredients. The proof was in the pudding as they say. Took me literally two minutes to mix it up and another ten to bake it - ready in under fifteen. And perfect they were - teeny bite-sized brownie with the classic crust and the ever familiar gooey chewy texture. For kicks I used my little tart pans but of course you can use your regular muffin tray.
makes 10 - 12 brownie bites
Nutella ............................... 1/2 cup
Egg ................................... 1 large
All purpose flour .................... 5 tbsp
Chopped walnuts/hazelnuts ....... 1/4 cup
1. Heat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper.
2. In a medium bowl add Nutella and egg and whisk until smooth and well blended.
3. Add the flour and whisk until blended. If the mixture appears too tight, add 1 tbsp of oil.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped nuts. Bake until it sets and crust forms, approx.11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely.
5. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.ENJOY!
Adapted from here
1. I also added a pinch of instant coffee powder as I love that little hint of coffee in my chocolate but it is entirely optional.